Need some ideas on boosting your event attendance? Here are some of our faves:
- Industry Event Postings – What industry publications exist? Do they have a listing section on their website to help promote industry events? Can they partner with you to help market your event?
- Write effective copy – for your website, emails, blogs, social, gear it towards two kinds of people (or, one person if they are one and the same!) – the attendee and the decision maker. The attendee may want to have certain tactical information, while the decision maker, if it is in fact a second person, needs to understand the overall value.
- Get visual – memes, infographics, etc. Make your posts and other marketing efforts visually appealing and less text-heavy.
- Use video – get your speakers, staff, board, members and others to submit short videos on why your conference is so great, and what they will be missing if they do not register!
- Find your influencers – and get them to help you promote the event online. They are already trusted by your industry – use that to your advantage if you can.
- Make sure you have a healthy mix of promotional information but create conversations too.
- Get your delegates to share – and if you can, track the success – services like snoball event influencer marketing are becoming increasingly popular.
- Create a contest or two to build some hype – can you promote something like “those who register by the early bird deadline will be entered into a draw to win their flight to the conference!” or another bonus that they can receive?
What else are you doing to boost your event attendance?