Events and conferences play a pivotal role in the membership experience. If attendance is declining, it might be a symptom of something deeper.
In this five part series, we will discuss how an event audit will help your association make improvements and enhancements of your Conference, ensure that you are maximizing opportunities with partnerships, increase member engagement overall, increase your communications and marketing effectiveness, and move your association towards delivering effective ongoing programming.
Event Audits are what your association needs if you are:
- Looking to determine the “wants” and “needs” of your community (members, prospective members, sponsors/exhibitors, and other potential stakeholders) to ensure that your delivery of a conference remains aligned with their key goals and objectives;
- Looking to seek guidance, plans and recommendations from industry experts, as a result of the feedback obtained, on the overall experience and delivery of the Conference, taking into account the other events (and, other industry events) that are planned in your sector;
- You are seeking advice on whether taking your conference to the next level in terms of technology and delivery (i.e. in-person vs. virtual vs. hybrid) is appropriate;
- How to better market your Conference to prospective participants, and;
- How to better market and deliver ROI to prospective sponsors and exhibitors.
Before you dive into the design of your event, you should take the time to cover off the other 4 Phases:
- Overall Data Mining & Research
- Marketing & Communications
- Education & Professional Development
A Conference is so much more than the content delivered – it’s about networking, social activities and experiential design. It’s about the look and feeling of the event from the moment a participant walks into the room. Here are some things to consider:
- Address the flow of the event, when to strategically place breaks and social activities, how to schedule education sessions that will better engage attendees
- hanges to the layout of your plenary and breakout rooms, stages and set-up
- Provide areas for improvement in the use of audio-visual, lighting and staging at your conference to excite, and encourage participation
- Incorporating the use of your event app to better engage speakers, sponsors and exhibitors
- The timing, layout and flow of your tradeshow as it relates to your overall program
- How to apply your event app to ensure active participation in your tradeshow – as an exhibitor and as an attendee
- Social Events
- Modifications to the timing, goals and flow of your social event(s)
- Are you delivering a ‘wow-factor’?
- Food & Beverage
- Making suggestions to your menu choices to surprise participants
- Recommending changes/improvements to your conference budget to incorporate these changes – and determine spend allocation to maximize satisfaction for all
Does your conference need a review? Consider an Event Audit! Reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a customized quote.