What blogs do you follow that generate ideas, interest, and innovation? Here are a few that I enjoyed this month:
- Lessons Learned from Hurricane Irma (via Virtual Management): This was the biggest event we’ve ever cancelled on such short notice. Along the way, I learned quite a few lessons.
- Is Now the Right Time to Add a Student Membership Category (via Associations Now): Getting students involved as members can leave a lasting impression after they graduate. But some association membership pros say it’s important to ask a few questions before launching or reconfiguring your student membership category.
- 5 Ways Great Associations Become Great (via Smooth The Path): What makes an association great in the eyes of members?
- The Power of Group Interaction in Winning Events (via Event Manager Blog): Engagement keeps attendees coming back, right? And that adds to the pressure of needing to create more interactive sessions. So what do you do when group interaction isn’t living up to your expectations? Here are a few ways to increase engagement and interaction in your breakout sessions.
- When Contemplating Conference Growth, Think Next Audiences Which Includes Next Gen (via Velvet Chainsaw): Instead of limiting our conference growth plans to a specific generation, let’s consider next audiences. Then we can discuss a variety of markets of any age, not just younger generations. When we address next audiences, we plan conferences for participants from four different generations, not just next gen.
What are you reading?